Jamie Oliver’s chicken satay-style noodle saladJanuary 6, 2023
If you’re feeling a little bloated from all the meat, bread and potatoes you had over the holidays, this zesty chicken satay-style noodle salad will fill you up without leaving you feeling uncomfortable.
If you don’t have pineapple, or just don’t like it in your food, you can substitute it with thinned peaches. You can replace the pineapple juice with freshly squeezed orange juice.
Chicken satay-style noodle salad
- 1 x 220g tin of pineapple rings in juice
- 200g vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 x 320g pack of stir-fry veg
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 4 free-range chicken thighs, skin off, bone out
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander, (30g)
- 1 bunch of fresh mint, (30g)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
ALSO SEE: Recipe of the day: Chutney mayo pork chops with creamy mash
- Place a griddle pan on a medium heat to warm up. Drain 1 x 220g of pineapple rings, reserving the juice.
- Put 200g of vermicelli rice noodles into a large heatproof bowl, tip over 1 x 320g bag of stir-fry veg and cover with boiling kettle water. Leave to sit for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Peel and finely grate 1 clove of garlic, ½ a red chilli (deseed if you like) and the zest from 2 limes onto a platter. Add 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce, 2 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter and the reserved pineapple juice, then squeeze over the juice from the zested limes. Mix well to combine (it’ll take a little while to come together).
- Place the pineapple rings on the griddle until golden and bar-marked on both sides, then remove to a board.
- Spoon a third of the peanut dressing over 4 chicken thighs and toss to coat, then griddle for 4 minutes on each side, or until dark, gnarly and cooked through.
- Roughly chop the pineapple rings and add to the platter. Finely slice 1 bunch of fresh coriander (30g) and pick and finely slice 1 bunch of fresh mint (30g), then add to the platter, reserving a small handful for garnish. Add the drained veg and noodles, and toss everything together.
- Slice the chicken 1cm-thick, drizzle with 1 teaspoon of sesame oil and 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds, season, then toss to coat.
- Toss the chicken with the noodles, scatter over the reserved herbs and finely slice and sprinkle over ½ a fresh red chilli.
*This recipe was found on www.jamieoliver.com.